I can hardly believe that it was almost a year ago that I first posted on this blog with news of a little arrival...well she's not quite so little now!
Alice will be turning 1 in a couple of days time so I felt it was time to give a complete update on our darling little girl.
So what follows is photos, achievements, likes and dislikes, 'day in the life of' for Alice Dipple, aged nearly 1!
There's no denying that the first 4-5 months of Alice were tough for me. We had real problems with feeding (little monkey and her biting that she's still not grown out of), teething and just adjusting to no longer working and being in control of my life. It didn't come naturally like I thought it would. But slowly we got there and now she makes my day, every day. I love her happy greeting first thing in the morning right through to giggles in her cot before bed. She is fab!
She is still crawling but with super speed that I don't see her walking for some time. Saying that she loves to walk along pushing things and is now standing for about 10 seconds with a very pleased expression on her face.
She likes to clap every small achievement with a 'yey' noise. She is a very independent girl who is very happy to play on her own. She also has a super imagination and is very creative with her play. We have devoted the upstairs into an Alice play area and she will spend ages looking at books, pushing daddy's fisherprice car along, throwing toys out of things.. and sometimes putting them back. She gets very excited if she hears the bath run and enjoys dropping her toys in and watching them swosh around in the water (I think bathtimes are an all time favourite). Today she stood at the bathtub and selected the toys she wanted to play with. "erm, duck (in the bath)...turtle...erm another duck (2mins later)... another duck"
Another favourite passtime is helping me reorganise her clothes drawers!
She now has sleeps in the day!!Most mornings anytime between 10-12.30. I have to unplug the phones as they wake her up and there's nothing more frustrating than a sales call and a grumpy tired child!
Come rain or shine, Alice loves her daily walks in the field with Otto. She likes to point out things to me like the crows in the ploughed field, and I always know when other dogs are around because I hear "dog, woof woof". Sometimes I hear horses hoofs trotting...but no horses around! Alice joins in with songs- either actions or sound effects and I'm embarrassed to say that her favourite is the theme tune from Gilmore girls (Watched far too much by me when pregnant)- as soon as I start up "loving you the way I do.." her face beams and she dances to the music.
Foods she loves:Everything but especially cheese on toast, marmite on toast, fish, spag bol, beef casserole, strawberries, cherries, kiwi, banana. Alice likes a hands on approach to mealtimes, quite literally, and is begining to feed herself with a spoon.
Things she can say:daddy, mama, dog, woof woof
Things she understands and chooses to ignore: no, don't touch that, come here
Favourite places: Park, library, field
What does Alice have to look forward to in the coming months,apart from a bit more hair...Well I'm hoping to take her swimming for the first time and buy a helmet so we can go on bike rides before winter sets in.
We love our little girl so much,
I don't know, time for another one?!?
I love the new pictures... I assume they are new as she looks so much bigger than when I saw her only a month ago! She is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteGetting on ok here now, I don't think I embarressed myself too much last night... Glad you are enjoying reading it, I feel like I'm talking to you all at home when writing it. I really want a Mars bar though, and this daft country doesn't sell them!
Are you sure you want another one yet?? I shall be looking forward to another niece then!
Matt xxx
She is doing so good! One day we'll get to meet her... and yes, yes, another! It's double the fun :)
ReplyDeleteSuper photos, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
ReplyDeletelove mum and dad xx
Fantastic - just caught up on all your blogs I couldn't read x Love the wall paper - super choice Alice!
ReplyDeleteHope you've settled back in to school.